Here for you and your business
Wealth management, investment banking, and insurance planning services for businesses
As a business owner, you’ve embraced the entrepreneurial spirit and the opportunities that come with it. But if it were easy, everyone would do it. You’re often on an island – always wishing there was more time in the day and more resources to lean on. At BaldwinClarke, we have deliberately built our firm to serve people like you. We understand the unique challenges put in front of you every day and are committed to helping you both preserve and grow the value you’ve created.
Let us help you manage your hard-earned capital so you can spend more time focusing on what’s most important – your business, your family, and your life. Our wealth management umbrella for business owners and entrepreneurs includes the following fee-based and fee-only services.
- A dedicated advisor, backed by a team
- Tailored investment portfolio designs
- An open architecture with more choices
- Fee transparency
- Quarterly Performance Reports
- Quarterly communications reviewing the economy and the markets
- Collaboration with any outside professionals, such as your attorney or CPA
- Plus more +
Maximize your rewards.
Contact an advisor
We begin by helping you as a business owner identify your personal and family financial objectives. Then we coordinate your personal and business resources to develop tax-efficient strategies that meet those objectives.
- Clearly formulated goals
- Personal & business strategy integration
- Review and opportunity assessment of current business continuity and estate planning arrangements
- Evaluation of life insurance requirements (personal and business)
- Review of each recommended planning strategy
- Multi-year before and after planning financial projections
- Oversight and assistance with plan implementation
- Coordination with your other advisors, and collaboration with any outside professionals, such as your attorney or CPA
- Plus more +
Talk to a financial planner.
Simply stated, retirement planning answers three foundational questions: When do I start? How much do I want? Where does it come from? Building wealth in a business offers opportunity and complexity to the retirement planning process. Our process address both to lead to successful outcomes.
- Clarity regarding your objectives
- Confidence knowing that your plan can succeed
- Integration of personal and business resources
- Determination of desired retirement liquidity
- A GAP analysis: The difference between projected personal capital and required capital
- A review qualified and non-qualified retirement plan maximization strategies
- Exploration of business exit or continuity planning
- An asset allocation analysis integrating personal and tax qualified investment assets
- Plus more +
Talk to us about your plan
Estate & Wealth Transfer Planning
Your business is likely your largest estate asset. With you gone, who will own it, who will operate it, who can keep it going, will it provide for your family, will estate taxes force a liquidation? A BaldwinClarke Wealth Transfer Plan helps to answer these questions and more, while addressing tax savings, trust planning, etc.
- Clarity and confidence
- A detailed exploration of your estate distribution objectives
- A review and summary of your existing estate and business transfer documents
- Identification of estate planning gaps and problem areas
- Estate planning opportunity analysis to reduce taxes and meet distribution and family objectives
- A before and after planning multi-year projection of the financial results for family, government and charities
- Family and generational planning
- Business continuity strategy tying in objectives for family, employees and the community
- Oversight and assistance with plan implementation
- Coordination with other advisors
How will you be remembered?
Talk to our estate planning team
You will exit your business someday, whether planned or unplanned. A planned exit will inevitably be the most rewarding for you, your family and your employees. The Goal: Exit when you want, for what you want (dollars, satisfaction) and to the successor you want. Ideally, planning should begin years in advance of a possible exit.
- Clarity regarding your exit planning objectives and options
- Confidence knowing that a successful outcome can be realized
- A plan to grow business value
- A road map of the planning steps required to meet your objectives
- An exploration of exit strategies: To family, to management, to a third party, to an ESOP
- A continuity plan to safeguard your family and your company in the event of your death
Take Control of Your Exit
Talk with an Exit Planner >
Interested in ESG Investing?
BaldwinClarke is committed to serving socially conscious business owners. Our sustainable investment strategies can be the core of your portfolio or an adjunct to a more traditional approach.
As part of our investment banking offering, we provide financial advisory services to business owners and entrepreneurs to help them develop and implement sound strategies to maximize business and shareholder value. We don’t seek to establish client relationships simply around a transaction, but we rather prefer taking the long approach. Be it to position your company for sustainable growth and profitability, or to start the valuable preparation for an exit, our investment banking and valuation specialists are dedicated to helping business owners achieve positive outcomes in recognition of their unique value propositions. We do this by applying our experience and diverse backgrounds in corporate finance, M&A, banking, public accounting, and valuation analysis as an extension of their management and advisory team.
Learn more about our M&A and Capital Advisory capabilities.
Visit our investment banking services for businesses.
Recognizing that the sale or transition of a business is typically the most significant financial event in one’s professional life, it is imperative to be prepared. The successful sale of a business takes many months and places additional demands on business owners to not only respond to increasingly rigorous due diligence, but to continue to run their business well. To achieve a premium outcome while avoiding a failed transaction, we help and guide clients with pre-transaction planning and analysis so they can be proactive and responsive for when optimal market conditions align with their personal timing.
We prepare business valuations and strategic analyses that give business owners, entrepreneurs and their families a solid understanding of the value that has been created by their businesses for personal or professional financial planning purposes.
For over 25 years, our trusted appraisal services have been utilized to provide defensible documentation for estate, gifting, and compensation initiatives. Our valuations are also employed to provide insight and direction for private, family-run businesses as part of strategic planning processes. Our professional staff has experience evaluating entities with revenues ranging from less than $1 million to above $200 million and maintain credentials that include ASA, CVA, and CM&AA designations.
- Evaluate and value majority and minority interests in operating companies, as well as real estate and asset holding companies.
- Formal credentialed appraisals for IRS reporting purposes, with application to:
- o Estate and gift planning
- o Stock transfers
- o Shareholder buyouts
- o Buy-sell planning
- o Incentive equity stock option plans
- Valuation analysis, designed to support
- o Sale and business combinations
- o Strategic and management planning
- o Succession and shareholder planning
- Plus more +
We have been addressing business owner life insurance and longterm care insurance needs for nearly 50 years. As independent brokers, we provide objective planning, advice and guidance. We find the right product with the right company for your unique requirements.
Life Insurance Planning
We create a life insurance plan to carry out the vision you have for your family’s financial well being, if you are not here. We coordinate the plan with your other assets to create an integrated strategy. Life insurance is also a major component of any successful business continuity and estate planning strategy.
- Monetize the value of your business
- Fund shareholder buyout agreements
- Fund certain executive benefit plans
- Provide for the loss of a key employee
- Fund estate and inheritance tax liabilities
- Be designed to incorporate long term care benefits
Leave more than your legacy.
Speak to a life insurance broker.
Long-Term Care Insurance Planning
The complexity of long term care insurance requires extensive product knowledge and an in-depth understanding of client circumstances.
Get to know us.
Want to know more?
In our experience, business owners who integrate their personal financial and estate planning with business development and transfer planning, enjoy the best outcomes for themselves, their families and their businesses.
— Chuck Baldwin, Principal & Co-founder