Mergers & Acquisitions
A deeper dive into Investment Banking for Businesses
Mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures represent opportunities for businesses and their owners to accelerate growth or to monetize their investments. These complex transactions involve negotiation, deal structuring and execution as well as sophisticated target marketing and due diligence. Our M&A team has the experience to guide your company through this complex process and can execute all aspects of a merger or acquisition for both buyers and sellers.
View our M&A process
See selected transaction tombstones
- Opportunity and risk assessment
- Market Research
- Target identification
- Prospect Cultivation
- Due Diligence
- Deal Structure
- Transaction Management
- Coordination of Professional Advisors
Our M&A services and associated processes are tailored to the specific needs of each individual client. In all of our engagements, we emphasize confidentiality, exhaustive research, sophisticated deal structuring, effective negotiation, and ongoing due diligence support through closing.
Our sell side process seeks to develop competitive buyer tension by cultivating multiple purchase proposals, thereby maximizing shareholder value. In counseling our clients through the sale process, we provide the following services:
- A valuation of the company on a stand-alone basis
- An analysis of the company’s capital capabilities
- Identifying target buyers
- Meeting with and assessing potential target companies
- Negotiating and structuring agreements
- Assisting in any necessary financing
- Assisting the company’s professionals with the due diligence process through closing.
Illustrative Deal Process
Our buy side process is structured to meet the needs of focused corporate and financial buyers. Whether an acquirer’s objective is industry consolidation or vertical/horizontal expansion, we have the skills to assist in the realization of your objectives.
- Strategy Conceptualization
- Shareholder Value Evaluation
- Prospect Identification and Solicitation
- Target Valuation and Structuring
- Letter of Intent Preparation
- Deal Negotiation
- Financial Due Diligence Evaluation