for Non-profits & Endowments
Our missions is to fulfill yours
Wealth management and insurance planning services and solutions for nonprofits and endowments
Non-profits and endowments have a mission to do good in the world – to make a difference for those they serve. Stewards of these organizations not only have a fiduciary duty to their donors and endowments, but often have unique financial requirements and operating guidelines that call for thoughtful planning and advice. Be it sustainability, rewarding highly valued team members, or simply advancing the cause, we’re here to help.
Not-for-profit entities need to attract, retain and reward key executives and operational employees just like for-profit companies. In addition, many have endowments that must be sustainable while also providing support for the organization’s missions.
BaldwinClarke’s investment advisory services are designed to assist boards and investment committees in maintaining sustainable endowments to support operating requirements and its charitable purpose.
- A review and possible updating of an Investment policy statement.
- A process to gain an understanding of the organization’s history, purpose and current challenges.
- An asset allocation study to design a portfolio to meet the organization’s risk, return and distribution objectives.
- A monte-carlo projection of the endowment fund’s possible long term results based on expected returns, distributions and potential contributions.
- An unbiased selection and monitoring of investment funds and/or managers for each asset class. This is an open architecture approach with no proprietary funds.
- Quarterly performance reviews and participation in board or committee meetings as requested.
- A quarterly newsletter, cover the macro-economic environment and equity and fixed income markets
- Online access to account information.
- Plus more +
401k & 403b Advisory & Management
These plans are important tools to assist employees in preparing for retirement. Best in class service providers are critical to that mission. We advise and consult with the selection and monitoring of third party administrators and daily valuation recordkeepers. We provide investment advisory services with respect to plan investments. We focus on the virtual elimination of fiduciary risk for plan administration and investment matters, an important consideration for not-for- profit boards.
- An investment policy statement.
- A survey of TPAs and recordkeepers, including existing providers, if desired.
- An unbiased selection mutual funds from a wide universe of funds using our proprietary screening process. There are no “mandatory” funds.
- Model portfolios for different risk/return objectives to facilitate participant investment selection. Model performance is updated quarterly.
- Quarterly performance reviews and newsletters.
Life insurance can be a valuable tool for donor’s to leverage their charitable gifts. BaldwinClarke has extensive experience in charitable gift planning for high net worth families. We can assist your fundraising team by exploring how life insurance strategies can enhance their efforts.
Executive Benefit Planning
Charitable entities cannot prosper without good leadership. In our experience the best leaders not only have the executive skills to run an organization, but also are effective in community outreach and in fundraising, even if only indirectly. These men and women are hard to find and harder to keep. An executive benefit plan can help tie them to the organization for years.
- A bespoke plan design tailored to your organization’s unique circumstances, rather than fitting your company into ‘’a plan”.
- Customized plans for each key employee’s specific situation whenever possible
- Plan funding strategies consistent with your organization’s financial requirements
- Detailed projections of plan impact on cash flow and taxes.
- Plus more +
Speak to an insurance advisor today
Key Person Insurance Planning
The loss of a key person can have a dramatic impact on any not-for-profit, especially if she or he is the “Face” of the organization in the community. But, no matter the role, life insurance can buffer the impact of their loss.
Want to know more?
Get to know us.
Supporting nonprofits is one of our greatest privileges. It advances good and echos our commitment to giving back and staying engaged in the community in meaningful ways. When you work with us, we look to do more than grow your impact alone – we seek to make your mission a humble extension of our own.
– Peter Clarke, COO